- Prof. Ghose presented a keynote at the normative multi-agent systems workshop at the Centro Residenziale Universitario di Bertinoro in Italy.
- Prof. Ghose and Prof. Miller are co-investigators on a NSW Health $250,000 grant to deploy data mining in radiation oncology.
- Dr. Hoa Dam has been appointed Program Co-Chair of the 17th International Conference on the Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems (PRIMA-2014).
- Prof. Aditya Ghose has been elected Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Dr Hoa Dam and his collaborators at Johannes Kepler University in Austria have recently won the Best Paper Award (*) at the 11th IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA), and has been invited to submit to a special issue in the Journal of Systems and Software (JSS). Both WICSA and JSS are A ranked and highly regarded in software engineering research. (*) Hoa Khanh Dam, Alexander Reder and Alexander Egyed, Inconsistency Resolution in Merging Versions of Architectural Models, Proceedings of the 11th IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA), pages 153 – 162, IEEE.
- Prof. Aditya Ghose has been appointed Program Co-Chair of the International Conference on Service-Oriented Computing (ICSOC-2014). This is the flagship conference in this area.
- $740,000 in research funding received from the local health service (and special thanks to Prof. Andrew Miller).
- DSL researchers have won the Best Paper Award at the 10th Asia-Pacific Conference on Conceptual Modelling (APCCM-2014) recently held at Auckland for the following paper (this is also the first paper that establishes that requirements specifications can be extracted from data streams, opening a whole new dimension to big data analytics): Aditya Ghose, Metta Santiputri, Ayu Saraswati, and Hoa Dam. “Data-driven requirements modelling: Some initial results with i*”