- Prof. Aditya Ghose was invited panelist at a panel on the future of service outsourcing held at Ernst and Young in Sydney in August.
- Prof. Aditya Ghose will present a keynote address at the 16th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems (PRIMA-2013, Dunedin, New Zealand) on: “Agents in the era of big data: What the “end of theory” might mean for agent systems”.
- DSL research fellow Dr. Nir Fresco was awarded the Goldberg Memorial Prize by the International Association for Computing and Philosophy, Dr. Fresco is engaged in a collaboration involving the DSL and Dr. Patrick McGivern (Philosophy, UOW)
- Dr. Hoa Dam has been invited to the Senior Program Committee of the Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems (PRIMA-2013) conference.
- Prof. Andrew Miller had a major publication success with a paper entitled “An Ontology of Cancer Therapies supporting Interoperability and Data Consistency in EPRs” to appear in Computers in Biology and Medicine.
- DSL’s Dr Hoa Dam had a major publication success with a paper entitled “Supporting change impact analysis for intelligent agent systems” (co-authored with Prof. Aditya Ghose) in the top-ranked journal Science of Computer Programming.
- A second staff member from IBM Research (Renuka Sindhghatta) joins the DSL as a PhD student under a special agreement between UOW and IBM. Prof. Aditya Ghose has been appointed Associate Editor for the ACM Transactions on Internet Technology.