The DSL is an interdisciplinary group of academics, post-doctoral researchers and research students drawn from the School of Computer Science and Software Engineering and the School of Information Systems and Technology at the University of Wollongong.
Director: Prof. Aditya Ghose
Associate Directors: Dr. Janusz Getta
DSL Research Programs
- Program in Service-Oriented Computing (headed by Prof. Aditya Ghose)
- Program in Agent Technology (headed by Chee-Fon Chang)
- Business-process management
- Service-oriented computing
- Requirements engineering
- Conceptual modeling
- Agent-Oriented Systems
- Constraint Programming
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Knowledge Management
- Prof. Ghose and Prof. Miller are co-investigators on a NSW Health $250,000 grant to deploy data mining in radiation oncology.
- Dr. Hoa Dam has been appointed Program Co-Chair of the 17th International Conference on the Principles and Practice of Multi-Agent Systems (PRIMA-2014).
- Prof. Aditya Ghose has been elected Fellow of the Institution of Engineers Australia.
- Dr Hoa Dam and his collaborators at Johannes Kepler University in Austria have recently won the Best Paper Award (*) at the 11th IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA), and has been invited to submit to a special issue in the Journal of Systems and Software (JSS). Both WICSA and JSS are A ranked and highly regarded in software engineering research. (*) Hoa Khanh Dam, Alexander Reder and Alexander Egyed, Inconsistency Resolution in Merging Versions of Architectural Models, Proceedings of the 11th IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA), pages 153 - 162, IEEE.
The University of Wollongong (UOW) is located in one of the most beautiful settings in Australia, just an hour's drive south of Australia's largest city, Sydney.