The DSL is an interdisciplinary group of academics, post-doctoral researchers and research students drawn from the School of Computer Science and Software Engineering and the School of Information Systems and Technology at the University of Wollongong.
Director: Prof. Aditya Ghose
Associate Directors: Dr. Janusz Getta
DSL Research Programs
- Program in Service-Oriented Computing (headed by Prof. Aditya Ghose)
- Program in Agent Technology (headed by Chee-Fon Chang)
- Business-process management
- Service-oriented computing
- Requirements engineering
- Conceptual modeling
- Agent-Oriented Systems
- Constraint Programming
- Knowledge Representation and Reasoning
- Knowledge Management
- DSL researchers had multiple successes at the top conference on service-oriented computing (ICSOC). A paper on process ecosystems by Tri Kurniawan, Aditya Ghose, Hoa Dam and Lam-Son Le was accepted as a full paper and a paper on goal-service graph maintenance by Konstantin Hoesch-Klohe, Aditya Ghose and Hoa Dam was accepted as a short paper.
- Prof. Aditya Ghose has been elected as President of the Service Science Society of Australia.
- DSL researchers Lam-Son Le and Aditya Ghose will report recent results on contract and role modeling at the ER-2012 conference - this is the top (and most selective) venue for the conceptual modeling community.
- Prof. Aditya Ghose will continue to serve as Vice-President of CORE (Computing Research and Education Association of Australasia), the apex computer science academic body for the region, for 2012-2013.
The University of Wollongong (UOW) is located in one of the most beautiful settings in Australia, just an hour's drive south of Australia's largest city, Sydney.